Sunday, May 1, 2011

Whoops!

Author's Note: This is just something I wrote in avoidance of writing an essay, it is similar to the last post I did in the sense that it is based off of a song. I did another like that one because I had a lot of fun with it and it is just something that I am playing around with. This is based off of the song Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons. I took this song as being somebody watching a person that had a very low self esteem and was broken, at first the spectator is disgusted at them, disgusted at the fact that the person won't just pull themselves together and suck it up, but then they realize that that is easier said than done and they start feeling guilty because it was their fault, they where the ones who did this to that person. I don't think this makes a lot of sense in some parts, but tell me what think. If you don't know the song there is a link with the lyrics  underneath this note to help, but otherwise listen to it on youtube, but be warned if you are sensitive towards swears they say the f-word in the chorus. 

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/little_lion_man_lyrics_mumford_and_sons.html


As you stand there crying, and crying I watch you. All that you cry for is yourself, all you cry for is what you want to be but aren't.  You try your hardest to be what you want, but through all that has happened your bravery has gradually ebbed away, you are no longer as brave as you where at the start. Constantly analyzing yourself to other people, don't you know you aren't perfect? There is always someone better than you, and if you could only take all the courage, the small amount that that is and realize that you aren't perfect and that's okay. All these problems you try to solve, they are in your head. All the energy that goes into "fixing" your life is wasted, there is nothing to fix. You are like a cowardly lion crouching and weeping in your own made up self pity.

Then again I shouldn't be criticizing you it was after all my fault. I was the one who brought you down, I was the one who gave that kind of self-image. Wow I really messed up didn't I? All those days when I could have said something that would have made a positive difference. For me it was a joke, but obviously it wasn't for you and I just was too slow to see it.

Trembling in the fear of yourself, in your self hate. You know you have seen this before, but you never thought it would be you. So confident you where, with your little swagger and the ego that people couldn't help but love.  None of those scores will be settled with the people who where previously in your place because of you, not even out of pity will they let them be settled. All you have now is the boldness that was once just another plus of being you, but now it is all you have left, all that stands among the wreck of you.

Now I know what I did, but you walking as if everybody was there for you all the things you had, and I just wanted to take away some of it. I thought it wouldn't hurt, just tiny pin pricks barely noticeable to someone as large as you, but everyone prick counted, everything does. It all added up  in the end until like a balloon you explode, deflated, leaving nothing but empty plastic pieces, not even enough to put back together. I didn't, didn't care it was your heart that was in trouble not mine, so really it was not your fault but mine.

1 comment:

  1. Claire,
    This is a really good post, not to mention that Mumford and Sons are just really cool! I really liked that you used the 'you and I' tense but never gave too much information about who the characters were but more the way they were feeling.

    ReplyDelete